Friday, July 10, 2015

Great Reads That Have Kept Me engaged in Reading and Inspired Me to Write a Book

Throughout my life reading and communication have been a genuine interest for me. I have read many books, but these that I will list have been so very special to me that each must be shared. There will be blog posts about each as I continue to share, but for now I will provide you with the list of several helpful books. I have written a book of my own entitled "Write On, Right On". This book is a collection of poems written by myself that focus on many social issues and life experiences. The purpose of the book is to provide motivation, inspiration insight and encouragement to learn more and live better.

The List:

  1. The Five Star Man,   By Neil Kennedy
  2. The Five-Star Man Field Guide,  By Neil Kennedy
  3. Rich Dad Poor Dad, By Robert Kyosaki
  4. Contagious: Why things catch on, By Jonah Berger
  5. The Ultimate Gift, By Jim Stovall
  6. The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren
  7. Nigger, By Dick Gregory 
  8. The Autobiography of Malcolm X: As told by Alex Haley, By Malcolm X

The Malcolm X text is one of my all time favorites because the insightfulness and detailed accounts of the intriguing life of Malcolm X. It disappointing how his life and principle perceptions are overlooked by many. It is jaw-dropping how much he witnessed experienced and endured in his lifetime. Dick Gregory's book is just as gripping and intriguing, for it details his life from a youth to an adult and all the negative experiences and troubles he experienced or encountered. Me telling you about does not give you the real deal about these books, so I urge you to begin reading. I promise when you pick them up you will not be able to put them down. These texts are true page turners that give insight about life for black people and connects the past to the present and provides warning about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment