Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Misstep

mis·step  
Noun
  1. A clumsy or badly judged step: "one misstep could be fatal".
  2. A mistake or blunder.
Synonyms
false step - faux pas - mistake - error - gaffe - trip

In life steps are taken to carry out courses of action. The steps taken leads us down paths both familiar and unfamiliar. Missteps, often caused by scotomas, may cause one to fall or fail to complete courses of action. Life teaches us lessons in the strangest ways to show that focusing with a clear mindset on proceeding down a clear path. This morning as I was leaving for work I realized exactly how people fill themselves with duties responsibilities and problems that will likely cause them to take a misstep. As I was leaving for work  my neighbor was leaving for work as well. We both were focused on what each had to get done today. I had to get groceries out of my wife's car from a morning grocery store run. I was focused on unloading my car full of groceries so I could go to work and my neighbor was focus on loading her car with laundry for the cleaners so she could go to work. Suddenly I hear "OOOOhhh", my neighbor had fallen and I did not notice because of my focus of on my situation. A  passing driver stopped to ask if she was O.K. She replied: "I missed a step". Thankfully she was fine.  She had fallen to the pavement of the sidewalk but the mound of laundry for dry cleaning that she was carrying broke her fall. I was embarrassed because even though I could not have prevented it,  I should have been more aware of my surroundings. Also, she too had lost focus of the steps of the path taken to get her day started.  If leaving her house there is one step that must be taking off the short porch. From this I took that overburdening oneself will likely cause a misstep or blunder; always being aware and focused on our course of action in order to be sure we don't take a misstep. Also, the fall is not always a soft landing; it may very well be hard, sharp, or rigid.

End thought: Pay attention, WATCH YOUR STEP! One misstep could be fatal!

No comments:

Post a Comment